1. Cats communicate by touching nose to nose.
2. A soft purr indicates contentment but a deep purr can indicate pain.
3. Cats prefer humans to communicate with them using baby talk.
4. Cats can get very sick or die from eating chocolate.
5. Although cats like to nap, hence the term "catnap", they also have deep sleeps in which they have similar sleep patterns that we have when we dream.
6. Cats blink and narrow their eyes when they accidentally make eye contact.
7. Unlike humans, cats do not understand punishment; praise is the more effective way of modifying their behaviour.
8. Cats clean their teeth by eating meat (deboned poultry or beef).
9. Originally desert dwellers, cats love the sun.
10. Scientists have not been able to determine the origin of a cat's purr; some believe it originates in the cariodvascular system rather than the throat.
Photo courtesy www.a2zpetsinfo.com.